Thursday, January 28, 2010

You can say I told you so

A few weeks ago I wrote about how I despised my online classes.

I have officially had a change of heart. I love them! They are great. Ok, so the work still bites, but the discussion postings are awesome. I initially thought they would be a time suck, but there is nothing better to me, than being able to politely and delicately point out the grammatical errors of an 18 year old! Yahoo!

Also, I just love debates...and the best part about these? I can shut down whenever I want. Meaning instead of nodding and pretending to listen, I can slam my laptop shut in disagreement and walk away.

As many of you know, we are finishing our basement. This is one thing I am unable to walk away from--if anything I walk into it. There is sheetrock dust all over. Silty white powder reminiscent of a cocaine deal gone awry covers knick-knacks, all major and minor surfaces. There are spent nails and screws laying on any surface called the floor, and loose trims pieces in every nook and cranny. But soon there will be carpet and order, in place of chaos and disfunction.

I got the proverbial "wild hair up my you know what" today, and moved the kids' room across the hall to our bigger master bedroom, which will soon be abandoned. We are moving downstairs into the new master. Yay!

I took apart our bed. I lugged it out into the hall. I took apart bunkbeds and put them in the hall. Then I moved them into where they needed to go and re-assembled.

Were the kids with a sitter?? Nope, they helped. Poor things. Call the county if you will. I made my kids do grunt work. They were sweating. Carrying things that weighed more than they did. Gauging walls with metal bedframes and toy boxes. And now. They have collapsed. (did I mention I didn't let them take a nap??) They are snoring in their new room. Praise the Lord!

(did I also mention that I knew if they didn't have a nap they would collapse early and I would be left alone to eat the leftover Triple Chocolate Cheesecake and do pilates in peace??)

No comments:

Post a Comment