Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nix the Negativity

Ok, so I will admit that my last post was more than negative--which is not my persona. I am (grr..) an optimist. Although more often, I would classify myself as a realist. But an optimist is more fun to be around!

So the week started out kind of gross with the realization that my online classes are not what I expected they would be. However, I ended the week with a few high points.(see list below--I am a list person)

1. NHCC hired a new interim Worship Director. This is a fun and exciting time as we build our music ministry.

2. I taught myself to use a jigsaw--not like a puzzle--the power tool. I used it to cut out a stage decoration for the church. This was as liberating as cutting my hair! I cannot believe the exhilaration caused by the use of loud and grinding power tools to accomplish things. I sense this may be a side of me that I was unaware of. A facet that can only be polished. Yes, power tools have become my friend. The simple drawing and tracing with the blade, followed by the smell of sawdust and the result being the shape that I desired....GOTTA LOVE IT! Lowe's sign me up!

3. My parents took me and the kids out to lunch on Saturday, and let's just say there is something smugly satisfactory in knowing that my kids stress my Dad out. He was present growing up, but not in the way that my stay-at-home mom was. She worked like a dog--and he virtually had no clue that it was stressful for her. Until I came along, dragging 3 kids behind me. It is sweet. For me to know that someday Allen will understand, but also that Dad finally gets it after 28 years!

So although this week was stressful, I know that going forward I have a few options to decompress--A.) Get out the power tools or B.) Go out to a restaurant with my parents and watch Dad squirm ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment