Monday, January 4, 2010

30 Day Shred=Day 31

So 30 days ago, I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Workout. And 28 Days ago, I whined about how badly it hurt, but I that I thought I could go on.

Now I look forward to working out each day! What a transformation this has been for me. I used to use the excuse "I don't have the time", and now I have decided to make the time because I actually enjoy it.

Here are the main things I have learned(studies have been done that say that the average 30 year old stops learning...sad!)

1.) Wear good shoes. I am nursing an ankle injury from mid-December, and it was because I wasn't wearing footwear while doing jumping jacks. I actually had an x-ray done on it, as the Doctor was certain that it was broken. We were both surprised. He told me to take Advil and sent me home. That was 8 days ago--and the thing still aches all day long.

2.) Don't beat yourself up if there is some portion of the workout that you cannot do. What I couldn't do 3 weeks ago, I can do now. Some days are harder than others, and some days I am just plain tired. But, I have learned to let go and focus on what I did do well in the workout--even if it was just the warmup!

3.) 30 Days flies by! I thought it would drag on and on, but it whizzed by like a dog chasing a Frisbee.

4.) At the beginning of the workout I was unmotivated, but having a workout buddy helped (or rather forced) me to be accountable. However, after 30 days, I am finding myself less groggy at night and more motivated to get things done around the house.

5.) Inches melt away like butter on hot toast! I lost 1.5 inches in my waist, 1 inch in my hips in 20 days! Yay! Plus I ate complete garbage for 2.5 weeks over the holidays!(Imagine what you could do now that you have the season behind you...)

6.) Muscle gain can also be measured in inches. My bicep has stretched 1.5 inches in the last 20 days!

7.) I think about what I eat...at least consider it before I eat it....Then I eat some of it anyway--just not ALL of it.

So the 30 Day Shred continues...just commit to 30 days...after 30 days life can go back to status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment