Friday, January 29, 2010

Vacuum "Haircut"

I just gave the vacuum a haircut. No, I am not a hair dresser.

My vacuum took a poop a few months ago. I was going to shampoo my carpets the same day. If you cannot vacuum, you cannot shampoo carpets.

My friend was here. She brought her vacuum over to let me borrow it for the day until I could replace mine. This was October 2nd. It is now January 29th. Am I a bad friend for continuing to borrow the vacuum. In a word, yes. However, I refuse to borrow another disposable $100 vacuum! The one that conked out last was only 5 months old!

I think I redeemed my friend status when I was using the vacuum, again, and I had to give it a hair cut. A haircut? Yep. That's right, a haircut. The roller bar on that brushes the carpet was loaded with long brown hair(not blonde or blue or purple). I got out the scissors and "cut" the hair. I also pulled out a long piece of yarn. Not nearly as gross as the hair, but gross anyway.

My savings account is growing to purchase my own Dyson. In the meantime, Amanda, I will give yours a haircut, anytime. Thanks for lending Violet to me!

(you know you have completely abused your borrowing privledges when you have given someone else's small appliance a pet name!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment