Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year, New You

Well, I have resolved myself to not resolving anything for 2010. Instead, I have begun to do the things that I have needed to do for 2009...I have never been great at resolutions...

One year, I tried to go completely green--buying nothing new, except socks, underwear and pajamas. All else had to be second hand. I made it to January 22nd. LOSER!

I have done wait loss, working out, no junk food, and all the others(besides smoking cessation--not my bag)....and I always fail. I think I have concluded why--anytime I am limited or told "no", I want that, and only that.

So for 2010, I have ditched the resolutions and promises, allowed myself some grace, and scored a workout buddy who makes me do sidelunges with 5 lb. weights, even when I want to swear at her through gritted teeth.

2010 LIFEBETTER LIST

Here is the list:

1.) Health, to include daily workouts and eating less junk. I have been working out for 22 days. After 10 days, I had lost 1/2 in my waist, and gained a 1/2 inch in my bicep. Hating the workouts, but loving the results. I feel healthier and I actually think about it before I grab for my 8th mini snickers bar. (Hey, I said I thought about it). I am helping coach Logan's hockey team this year, and it has been nice to get my skates on a couple days a week!

2.) Faith stretch. From my posts, you have seen what God has done for our family in '09. I can't wait to see what he brings in 2K10. A friend and I are starting a 90-Day Bible study in January--which was something I said I would do in '09, and never got around to. We are meeting EOFriday at 10am in Isanti...for ladies only, but feel free to join. $10 will cover the study materials. We will focus on health, wellness, scripture memorization and devotionals! Yay!

3.) Going back to school. I found out I am only 5 classes away from my AA Degree. So I am taking two classes in January. Should be interesting. I am not a school person--but the online gig is appealing, so I have chosen that route. And 11 years post high school, I should have a degree in something, and not just a bunch of credits laying around collecting dust.

4.)Declutter. Whenever my life feels cluttered, I find that literally is just that...cluttered. I just took out 8 bags of crushed boxes and balled up used Christmas paper. Gross...but not nearly as gross as what I am convinced I will find when I clean out Logan and Kjirsten's room this weekend.

Okay, anymore than 4 items would be classified as two things: crazy and totally un-doable or just plain showing off--I aim for neither, so I'll quit while I am ahead.

Hope 2010 completely exceeds all of your expectations! May God Bless you immeasurably more than you could ask or imagine!

1 comment: