Okay, so the baby weight--yep, officially not moving from my hips and thighs.
Now what? Apparently, Jillian Michaels. 30 Day Shred.
I mentioned her to my cousin, to which she replied with a shudder, "she is mean". Yes, that may be, but you can also pause her, or shut her off completely...
Now the DVD claims 3-20 minute workouts. You move up an interval as you master the previous level. I plan to do the 30 days.
Here are my reservations:
One: Soooo not coordinated. I have white girl rhythm. Nope, I am not racist. My family closely resembles the United Nations--we are white, black, asian, american indian and who knows what else. But I think it goes without saying that many of my fair-skinned friends have the same issue. I cannot even participate in the "Electric Slide". Not when it was popular and I was 16. And most certainly not now. I just can't get it down. No matter how hard I try. Will this workout take any amount of coordination? And if so, can you buy it where you purchase the hand-weights?
Two: It is going to be haarrdd. Yes, good things come to those who wait--and to those who do the work. I have no problem with working hard, but this hard? I mean it is only for 20 minutes, and my alternative is working out in the MN weather, but still--I am struggling. I would rather watch FoodNetwork or WE or design my basement or clean the toilet.
Three: I likely have to give up my treats. Probably so. Hmm...and it is December, and I have a baking list with 12 kinds of cookies on it. Hmm...I don't think I need to elaborate any further.
Four: Julie Powell got to blog on cooking. I mean 365 days and 524 recipes. I don't care if she had to bone a duck. She also got to eat Lobster Thermidor. I am left to blogging on working out--if I blog on cooking, I am in for serious heart issues, and an ever expanding mid-section. Pbbbt!
Well, if I must, it is time to go Shred. My sanity and my waistline. If I don't write for a few days--I am probably dead or stuck in a workout position and unable to make it to one of my technology sources.
Your fuuny!!! I am also doing the 30 day shred! It will be hard at first but it will for surley make the pounds fall off!!!! I have had great results so don't give up and stick with it! The more you do the easier it gets, I promise!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally starting the shred after I heal from surgery! And my reservations are just the same as yours!! We can be encouragement to each other!
ReplyDelete