Friday, November 20, 2009

Glitter and Spray Glue

Have you ever used 3M Brand Spray adhesive? If not, you are one step behind my daughter. Today, after looking around, I decided that I needed a cleaning day--nope, not the kind where I clean and 2 tornadoes rip up the ground behind me, but the kind where I actually sigh with satisfaction when I am done.

I decided I need reinforcements...so I called Allen's grandma. Bless her heart. She is 84--and behaves like 64. She lets the kids ride piggy back--much to my dismay--not that I am afraid she will get hurt--but then they expect me to do the same!

After said phone call, I scrambled to get the kids dressed, brushed, combed and out the door--as you know, socks come before shoes. Well, in order to follow that rule, I had to go down to the basement to get the socks. Thing #1 and Thing#2 followed. I handed over the socks and they ran up the stairs. I turned the dryer on and followed them...15 second delay--tops.

As I approached the bottom of my stairs, Kjirsten was making the final sprays on her adhesive masterpiece. (stupidly, I broke the cover for the glue, and tried to "hide" the bottle under a stack of spray paint cans for a church project).

I am fully convinced the "masterpiece" would have made it into the Met. We had a delicate spray on the floor in the foyer...a medium coating on Daddy's one and only pair of black dress shoes...and the globs and drips running down the oak banister. It was divine!

Thinking swiftly, I wiped the banister down with baby wipes. (works amazingly by the way--for your reference) I then waited for the floor and shoes to dry--which required a rub down...this glue dries like rubber cement. If you give it a rub, it balls up and can be rubbed away. Praise Jesus! See even amongst trial, we can praise the Lord!

And on the upside--she didn't get into the bag where the glitter was stored.

Plus, after this whole incident, I got 5 childfree hours, where I was able to chuckle about 3M!

Thanks Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Glad you had a great day to clean up! Fun to see you blogging!

    ReplyDelete